Hiring Notice July 2021
Fern Creek Fire & EMS is currently accepting applications for full-time firefighters. Applications are available by request beginning July 13, 2021 and ending July 30, 2021. To receive and submit an application you can, download from the link below, contact email@example.com or one can be obtained in person at the address listed below.
Fern Creek Fire & EMS Station 1 6200 Bardstown Rd. Louisville, KY 40291
Pay/Benefits: Estimated Yearly Wage Range
(Wages based on Certifications and Licensure and contingent upon successful completion of hiring process)
Additional pay benefits include:
- $4,000.00 state incentive (annual 100hr training requirement), for 400 hour Kentucky Fire Commission certified Firefighter.
- Average hour work 56/week Based on a 24/48 work schedule
- Employer paid health for family
- Employer paid dental and vision insurance for employee
- Participation in Kentucky County Employee Retirement System (hazardous)
- Paid Time off and sick leave based on accrual
- Select Paid holidays
- Employer paid Life Insurance policy for member
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- Minimum of a high school diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license
- Auto Liability Insurance, current
- Satisfactory criminal and employment background check
- Successful completion of a Fern Creek Fire provided physical examination
- Kentucky certified Emergency Medical Technician (Preferred) (must be certified within 1 year of service)
- Minimum of 150 hour State Fire Fighter 1 Certification (must complete 400 hr. certification within 1 year of employment)
- A CPAT card as certified by the Kentucky Fire Commission at date of hire. The CPAT requirement may be waived for a lateral transfer who is currently employed with or who has previously been employed by a Kentucky fire department prior to January 1, 2013 in accordance with KRS Chapters 67, 75, and 95; and who has not been out of the fire service for more than one (1) year
The Fern Creek Fire Protection District does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or any other factor
July 12, 2021 7:00 p.m. Fern Creek Fire Station # 1, 6200 Bardstown Road
Regular, in person, meetings have resumed. For those wishing to connect online,
Please join the meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
You can also dial in using your phone.
United States: +1 (669) 224-3412
Access Code: 665-995-101
Fern Creek Fire & EMS would like to congratulate Captain Austin Price on his recent promotion to Captain of 7131; the Station 2 – P3 Captain. He has served with the department since 2007 and is looking forward to serving the Fern Creek community as a leader.
Wow! $185,276.79 donated to The Crusade for Children in Honor of Sgt. Kyle Adams. A huge thank you to J-town and Buechel Fire Departments for their amazing contributions! We appreciate everyone’s efforts this week. We could not have done it without each and everyone of you!
Other ways to donate
After 40 years of serving his community Captain Ricky Wright has began he much deserved retirement. Captain Wright served the Buechel Fire Department for 27 years and has been with Fern Creek for 13! There are no amount of words that can express the gratitude we feel. Ricky has seen the department thru many milestones. We wish him well as he embraces the next chapter of his life.
Tonight’s candlelight vigil will start at 9pm at our station 1. Primary parking will be our lot and the community center lots, with over flow parking at the high school. We appreciate everyone planning to come out to support our departed brother.
It is with a very heavy heart that I report the loss of a firefighter brother today. Sergeant Kyle Adams was involved in a tragic accident this morning shortly after getting off duty from the Fern Creek Fire Dept. Sgt. Adams was a great father, husband, son, brother, and friend. Sgt. Adams served the citizens of our community for literally his entire life, even as a toddler when he would come to the fire house with his father, a retired FC firefighter. Sgt Adams was a pillar to not only our department, but the Fern Creek community, someone that everyone knew, trusted and liked. He will deeply missed and we ask the community to keep the family, friends and department in their prayers as we get through this difficult.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the subsequent declarations of national and state of emergencies, no physical location for the public will be provided for the Board of Trustees May 10th meeting except for members of the board and essential FD members. The meeting of this board is forced to be held via video teleconference using Gotomeeting.com via access code 286-447-333. A meeting invitation has been sent to each individual board member. The Public is invited to attend via video conferencing, https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/286447333
or via telephone by calling 1-571-317-3122 Access Code: 286-447-333 Board members have been notified via email and notice to the public was provided via posting at stations # 1 & 2.